Thursday, May 8, 2008

Resource Evaluation Matrix

Sexy post title, I know.

Okay, I'm being sarcastic again. But those close to me are aware that I've been bashing my head against the wall over the 35 resource evaluations we have to submit for LATI. I've only entered 17 so far and they are due next week! Where did the time go?

My plan is to pull the rest of them together before the weekend. To that purpose, I had to make a chart to keep track of all the subject categories and genres we are supposed to cover. Rather than e-mail it to myself over and over again, I'm keeping it in Google Docs, so I can continue to update it over the next few days.

While we are allowed some overlapping of items, I believe the chart is necessary to make sure that I have a total of 35 different resources. That's because the "counter" on the intranet tallies things a second time if you copy and paste them into a different category. So using one resource in two different categories results in a total that is artificially high.

At least, I think that's how it works. The LATI coordinators attempted a clarifying explanation a couple of weeks ago, but I can't say that I was any less confused after reading it.

1 comments:

Honoré said...

Great chart - and true, the same title may qualify in more than one category, e.g., a law dictionary is both a dicitonary - Basic Reference and in PolGovLaw as a resource